About Me

My photo
After many people telling me that I'm "crafty", I decided to start my own blog. I hope to to inspire others to find their crafty side. I love crafting, decorating, scrapbooking, cooking and cupcaking. I love anything related to holidays and seasons. I hope my readers will find my posts useful and fun! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Garland Card Holder

I found a holiday card tree holder that I absolutely loved but I was not paying the crazy price that the store wanted.  I thought I would make my own tree but ended up deciding to pin them to the garland I already had up on the railing in the foyer. 


I started with a random assortment of old Christmas cards that I have been saving.  Every Christmas it kills me to throw them away because some of them are so pretty. I try to save them and use them for my Christmas scrapbooking pages.  If you don't have any old Christmas card, you could use scraps of wrapping paper or scrapbook paper. 

I cut the first piece to fit the clothes pin and then used it as a pattern to cut out the rest. 
  


One of the old cards had letters that spelled Merry Christmas so I cut those out and glued them to the top of the clothes pins. 




 I glued on little mini Christmas light bulbs that I had left over from last year onto the top of the pins that didn't have letters on them. 

I clipped the cards on in a line following the top of the handrail.


 Then I used the branches that hung below the first row of cards to clip on another row. 


 Then each day when we anxiously check the mail, we will add new cards on. 










I love that I can display the cards without taking up valuable table and shelf space so that I can save that space for other Christmas decor!  One dollar for the clothes pins (and recycling old cards) beats $50 for a store bought card holder tree any day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment