About Me

My photo
After many people telling me that I'm "crafty", I decided to start my own blog. I hope to to inspire others to find their crafty side. I love crafting, decorating, scrapbooking, cooking and cupcaking. I love anything related to holidays and seasons. I hope my readers will find my posts useful and fun! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yummy Homemade Raspberry Streusel Muffins!


I don't know about you but the Raspberries in the Carolinas the last few few weeks have been simply delicious and perfectly ripe! We have a local produce stand down the street and we try to get their blackberries and raspberries when we can but even the ones in the grocery stores have been tasty lately! 

Funny little story about how I found this recipe...I picked up one of those little envelopes of wildberry muffin mix in the grocery a few months ago to make for my boyfriend's family that was visiting. They were great and I loved them a lot and so I bought them the next week.  I have made them several times and it wasn't until just recently did I realize that the package says muffin mix with artificial berries.  Artificial berries???? Wait...how do you make an artificial berry.  Obviously I knew they weren't fresh berries but thought they were pieces of dried fruit, but at one time REAL fruit.  Well I was wrong.  Now I want those berry muffins but I don't want them with fake berries.  No offense to anyone that makes these muffins and enjoys them because I certainly did until a few weeks ago!  So I searched high and low for the best raspberry muffin recipe and I found a good one...here is the original recipe.  I've made a few minor changes to mine but here is how to make them...

Ingredients:



1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar (I used granulated Splenda)
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (I sprinkled mine with a dusing of sugar depending on how naturally sweet they are)


STREUSEL:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
Servings:   16

     Directions:
    In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg.  
      In a small bowl, mix sour cream, milk and vanilla.
    .
    Combine dry ingredients
     Stir into creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture just until moistened.
     Gently fold in raspberries.
    Fill 16 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
    Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Cut in the butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle on top of muffins. 
      Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. 
    By this time...your house will smell great and you will be dying for them to cool so you can sample one or two! 

These are perfect to make for out of town company or for yourself to enjoy with a cup of coffee and I bet...the kids will love them too! :)   Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment