About Me

My photo
After many people telling me that I'm "crafty", I decided to start my own blog. I hope to to inspire others to find their crafty side. I love crafting, decorating, scrapbooking, cooking and cupcaking. I love anything related to holidays and seasons. I hope my readers will find my posts useful and fun! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Simple and cheap but nothing fancy $5 greenery piece

My boyfriend Dan is currently building a house which is exciting stuff!  I'm particularly excited because of the decorating opportunities this brings AND I'm getting a craft room!!  I haven't decided if he is being nice by giving me the craft room or if he is just tired of having my "craft crap" all over the living room.  Either way, I am so excited!  I have a few craft room projects to show you in the coming weeks but for now I will show you how to make this cheap greenery piece that you can use in a variety of spaces.   


Materials:   Variety of greenery ($1 per bunch from the Dollar Tree)...about 3-4 bunches, 1 green Styrofoam block ($1 from DT), and 1 gold planter tin ($1 from DT)


 First I cut down the Styrofoam block to fit tightly inside the tin. 

 Then I began adding greenery.  I arranged mine in the diagonal position because I wanted the display mine with the corner as the "front".  


I put the long tall branches around the outside and then filled in the middle until all the Styrofoam was covered.  I could have used some dried moss and hot glue to cover the Styrofoam prior to putting the greenery in but I was able to fill it in enough that you can't see the Styrofoam through the greenery. 

Perfect for a kitchen counter...
or a living room end table.  Total cost $5! 

My boyfriend and I are hosting a cookout this weekend so I will have some great cookout recipes and a very fun dessert to share with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment