About Me

My photo
After many people telling me that I'm "crafty", I decided to start my own blog. I hope to to inspire others to find their crafty side. I love crafting, decorating, scrapbooking, cooking and cupcaking. I love anything related to holidays and seasons. I hope my readers will find my posts useful and fun! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Marinated Chicken Kabobs

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Last night, my boyfriend and I had my friend Staci and her fiance Matt over for a little summer cookout.  We wanted to having something a little different from the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs.  We decided to make chicken and veggie kabobs using a Paula Dean marinade recipe.  It was super easy to make and tasted delicious! 

Ready for the recipe?...

Ingredients:   2 tablespoons of the following:   Olive oil, soy sauce (I used lower sodium), teriyaki sauce, worcestershire sauce.  
  2 cloves of minced garlic
Juice from one whole lemon
Chicken breast diced
Wooden skewers soaked in water (to help the skewers from burning)


First mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a bowl and stir well.  Then add the chicken and mix well so all the pieces are covered in liquid. (I put mine in a container with a lid so that I could shake it up and make sure all the chicken was covered.)  Let it marinade for at least an hour but the longer the better.  While the chicken is marinating cut up a variety of your favorite veggies and pineapple!  We used onion, pineapple, zucchini, green, red & yellow bell pepper and yellow squash.  Many people also use mushrooms but we don't care for them! 


Now the fun part!  After letting the chicken marinade for awhile you get to build your skewers.  A few tips that you might find helpful:
Allow a little space in between each item on the skewer so that the heat can get to all sides and evenly cook. 
Don't eat any raw veggies as you are skewering because of the raw chicken.  The grill will burn off any uncooked chicken from the veggies so they will be safe to eat once cooked.
Don't cut your veggies to thin or your chicken to thick because the veggies will burn before the chicken is cooked all the way.    


 I ended up with a lot of leftover veggies so I threw them into foil packs with a little pepper and olive oil.  Put the foil packs and skewers on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through. 


Yum!  I'm not a big meat eater and I'm VERY picky when it comes to meat but this was delicious!  A perfect alternative to the traditional hamburger and hot dog.

Tomorrow I will share with you my special dessert...Kabob cupcakes!  Check back tomorrow for this cute and easy cupcakes!   A little later in the week I will share the recipe for the side dish I made. 



2 comments:

  1. This looks like something that Mr. Lochel would LOVE! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete