About Me

My photo
After many people telling me that I'm "crafty", I decided to start my own blog. I hope to to inspire others to find their crafty side. I love crafting, decorating, scrapbooking, cooking and cupcaking. I love anything related to holidays and seasons. I hope my readers will find my posts useful and fun! Enjoy!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer Bucket List!


Summer Bucket List.  Summer activity lists have been a popular thing featured in blogs and it got me thinking...I've seen them represented in a variety of ways but what about an actual bucket?  As some of you know I'm finishing up my degree to be an elementary school teacher and in the summer I nanny two kids.  We stay busy both for their sanity...and mine!  What better way to get them excited about summer vacation and all the fun summer activities then to have them create a list of things they wanted to accomplish and do this summer.  Some of items are activities but they also set personal goals for themselves such as learning to swim and goals for gymnastics.  My favorite goal (being a teacher)...our goal to read 100 books this summer!  I will share more about this with you later.  What better way for them to monitor their goals then to have them actually visually see the things they have accomplished.  They are SO excited about this! 

   First I picked up two summer sand buckets at Michaels.  I used paint markers to write their name and summer bucket list.  I used some ribbon and craft glue to box in the words.  I didn't include the year so that the buckets could potentially be used again next year. 


  Then I laid out scrapbook stickers for the kids to pick from and put on their bucket.  They used some summer fun stickers and also some of their favorite things (soccer, gymnastics etc.).

Then after the kids attached their stickers, they decorated with colored Sharpies. 


 Then I picked up craft glue and clothes pins...

cut cardstalk (in a variety of colors) to fit (both length and width) the clothes pins.


Then wrote with a thin felt marker the goal/activity and used craft glue to attach it to the clothes pin. 

Then attached the clothespins to the outside rim of the bucket.

As they complete the activities/goals over the summer, they can drop the clothes pins in the bucket.  Then they will have the activities/goals they still need to complete on the outside rim.  

This is one of my new favorite projects for kids.  I even made a small one for myself and included all those tasks that need to be done but I never get around to...organizing recipes, updating i-tunes, backing up digital photos...and the list goes on and on! 

Linking up to these blogs:

2 comments: